About Me

My Academics Side

I do not love school but I do not hate it either. I have an in between feeling towards school because I feel there are many good things about education in West Ridge Middle School as well as some things I dislike about it. Here is a list of pros and cons.

Pros

• I get to read and write, my top two favorite hobbies
  • Math is easy so far and English is fun so far and Latin is a class to look forward to every day 🙂
  • We get iPads to work with, which I think is very cool technology and makes some of the boredom of school go away

Cons

• In 7th grade, teachers expect you to know things you may have forgotten over the summer.
  • There are too many tests, quizzes, and learning checks every week so I can barely keep my grade at an “A”-there should be a limitation for that!
  • The homework load is way too much
  • 7th grade teachers often think they have more time in class than they really do so my whole class either gets dismissed too late because the teacher was too desperate to finish the lesson or the homework is harder because the teacher did not go over what she or he was supposed to for the homework.

After-School Chaos

I do lots of things after school. Usually the first thing I do once I come home is get out my homework. Almost always do I have homework in five subjects. I am usually able to get done two subjects before I have to eat my dinner. Yes, I eat my dinner almost immediately after school. Why? Because the drive from my house to my dance studio is about a half-hour ride. I haven’t yet this year, but I usually bring my homework plus a book to read to the studio for breaks between classes. I come home at 9:00 P.M. Then I have to do the rest of my homework and sleep.

I do not only have dance after school. I also have Kumon, which gives two packets of homework a day, one for math and one for grammar. On top of that, I have MTY, which stands for Math-Talented Youth. MTY is the reason I am in double-advanced math. They give out four pages of homework per week, plus a quiz per week due to the next class. They happen on Sundays. That isn’t much until you look at my big schedule.

Then I have piano which, though I am required by my mom to practice an hour at least per day, barely practice per week. You may think I have time to sleep and do homework and piano on the weekend. I don’t. Piano lessons happen every Saturday. It takes two hours to drive there, two to come back, so there is a big six-hour chunk, which is one-fourth of a day, taken away from me. Then take away three hours for eating. I barely have free time so I usually do things at night.

My Nocturnal Side

Now that you’ve pictured my chaotic schedule, you know why I like the non-busyness of school that home fails to bring until the moment I’m in bed. You may have your free time after you do your homework and maybe after some kind of Sports practice. I have mine at night. I either read or write, or a mixture of both. My current reading series is the I Am Number Four series. I usually read a chapter or less, depending on how late it is. Writing is similar. I have been working on a new book and I haven’t decided the title yet but I will keep you updated in the my Writings category on my blog.

2 thoughts on “About Me

1. Hey! You checked out my blog, now I’m here to check yours!:) Well, I totally agree with you on the school stuff! I don’t love but I don’t hate it. I live your blog! Very nice! Keep up this wonderful work of yours! Well, see ya later! Bye!:)

• Hi, Sundra. I’m glad you agree on my blog post on my About Me page. I love your page, too! Thanks for saying my writing is nice. I appreciate the compliment! Bye!;)